Saturday, October 15, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. I actually set up this blog and name in December 2009, and then promptly never did anything with it again. I obviously am a reluctant blogger. BUT I found myself having another conversation with a friend who said, "you really should blog" and I said, "I know, I know". Then I tried to go online to see what the name of my blog could be and low and behold, I already had a blog up and not running. So, here I am..... for the moment.

I guess I come back to this for many reasons, none of them anything special. I want to blog because I enjoy other smart, sassy, thoughtful and thought provoking blogs and would love to include myself in that world. Or I have so much to say and I just can't get it all out. Or I feel like I am funny and don't allow that part of myself out either, so blogging is an outlet of sorts. What I do know is that I am an advice giver and a muller over and on a life quest for contentment (which I am never) for a deeper spiritual life (of which I never give enough time toward), for a simplier life (which I personally complicate with things, baggage and my imagination), professional meaning (in which work always gets in the way) and to build a life with my Dr. husband (whom I love) and my brand new son (whom I am falling in love with). So, maybe I have something to share and maybe even if I just share it with myself, that is enough.

Note to self: post at some points in time about 1. med school survival techniques, 2. professional young women, 3. conservative finances (or maybe that sounds so dull I just want to do myself in), 4. being a new mom, 5. trying to manage my life's clutter to be able to focus on what is important, 6. surving my spouse's near death accident and memory loss as well as 5 years infertility and 7. a top 10 list of joys or funnies

No comments:

Post a Comment